Are you getting ready to book a limo for a special occasion? Picking the right car is only part of the process. You also need to pick the right driver. How do you know you’ll get a good driver to make the experience unforgettable?
Evaluating a Great Limo Driver
1. Make sure the limo driver has the right license. Depending on where you live, your driver may need to have a special license to drive a limousine. They may also need to meet minimum age and driving experience requirements. If you pick the right company, you can be sure they will be more than happy to provide you with drivers’ qualifications.
2. Make sure the limo driver has a clean driving record. On top of having the right license you will also want to make sure they have a clean driving record. This will prove that they are responsible and will keep you and your passengers safe. The right limo company will freely provide you with drivers’ records. If they don’t, move onto the next company.
3. Does the chauffeur have the right training? The driver is licensed properly and has a clean driving record, great! Now you have to make sure they have the right training. Ask if they have completed a defensive driving course. After all they are transporting precious cargo. You will also want to make sure they can help a bride get in and out of a car with a huge wedding dress.
4. Does the limo driver have the appropriate attire? No one wants their limo driver to show up in shorts and a t-shirt, especially of the special event is a wedding! You want to make sure you driver will show up in the proper attire. The classic black-and, white uniform is never wrong.
5. Ensure the chauffeur has meticulous personal grooming. On top of looking the part, you want them to smell the part. After all they will be in close proximity to your and your guests as you enter and exit the limo. Your driver should be meticulously groomed, with neat hair, trimmed fingernails and clean teeth.
6. Is the limo driver going to be punctual? Punctuality is important. Your driver should also be on time regardless of the event – no exceptions. To make sure that happens, you will want to ensure that your driver will map out all the locations along the route ahead of time. They will also need to take weather and traffic conditions into account. The fanciest limo in the world means nothing if you show up late to your wedding!
7. Can the chauffeur stay calm under pressure? Even if your driver is prepared, there may be unexpected traffic along the way. This can make a bride very nervous on her big day. If you and your guest are getting too rowdy the driver will need to have nerves of steel to stay calm and get you where you need to be safely.
Limousine Services in Hazel Park, Roseville, Warren, St Clair Shores, Royal Oak, Sterling Heights, Oak Park, Ferndale Pontiac, Troy, Birmingham Rochester Hills, Southfield, Novi, Commerce Charter Twp, Waterford Twp, West Bloomfield Twp & Shelby Township MI | Tri-County area of Macomb, Oakland & Wayne Michigan
These considerations will allow you think a bit harder about who will be driving you and your friends or family around for the special event. You can be sure you get the right driver when you hire A Limo World. Give us a call today!