Prom season is here and there’s a lot to do! The dress, the tux, the hair, the makeup, a fancy dinner and all the dancing. Another part of prom that makes it a once-in-a-lifetime occasion is getting there in style. To get there safer and in a fun way, a limo is the way to go; and it means you don’t have to ask your parents to take you! Hiring a limo service for prom allows you to get the party started early but it can be a confusing part of the planning.
Prom Transportation Checklist
- Choose a point person to make prom arrangements. One person needs to be in charge. This person can be you, one of your friends or one of your parents. This person will make the arrangements and follow through with the company you choose and not wait till the last minute to make a reservation.
- Call more than one limousine company. Don’t pick the first company you call. Make sure you get a few different quotes because prices vary. You will discover that some companies will take advantage of teens and offer cheap quotes only to get ripped off in the end. If you get a quote that seems too good to be true, your experiences will usually reflect that.
- Do your homework on your chosen limo company. When you decide on a company you need to check online reviews and do a little digging to make sure you’ll get what you pay for. Negative reviews give you an opportunity to avoid a bad experience.
- Create a prom limo ride guest list. The bigger your guest list, the less it will cost per person. There are different cars that will work depending on the size of your group.
- Make a limo reservation early. Limos are in higher demand the closer you get to prom. If you don’t want your parents to take you, book in advance. Plus, you will get the right vehicle at a better price.
- Get organized for prom. Confirm your transportation a few days before prom. Make sure you confirm payment, an emergency contact number and the name of your driver.
- Create a prom night plan. Is your group meeting at one house or is everyone getting picked up individually? What about pictures? All this time adds up and the last thing you want is to be rushed. Everyone in your group needs to know what the plan is and be on the same page.
- Tipping chauffeur.It’s time to talk about tipping. There are companies that include the tip in the price, others request 20-30%. Figure this out before prom to avoid any confusion. It’s not polite to mess this part up and uncomfortable trying to figure it out in front of the driver. Drivers that are appreciated provide better service too.
Prom Limo Services in Hazel Park, Roseville, Warren, St Clair Shores, Royal Oak, Sterling Heights, Oak Park, Ferndale Pontiac, Troy, Birmingham Rochester Hills, Southfield, Novi, Commerce Charter Twp, Waterford Twp, West Bloomfield Twp & Shelby Township MI | Tri-County area of Macomb, Oakland & Wayne Michigan
Prom is a big deal and should be a memorable event. A Limo World has been serving the area for years. We guarantee safe, reliable transportation on prom night, not to mention fabulous customer service at every step. Give us a call today!